Top 5 things to do in Provincetown on a winter day!
1. For starters, come to Gabriel's and pamper yourself in our amazing rooms with spa amenities, fireplaces, Tempur-Pedic mattresses, TV's in the bathroom, heated floors, delicious home made breakfast made by our baker and chef, Jean. Over 500 dvd's to chose from, game, books and The Elizabeth's and Christopher!!
Oh and we can't forget our right out of the oven home made cookies each day!
2. Try ALL the restaurants in Provincetown!
If you are here for the weekend you will be able to do just that, no joke! Can't say that in the summer!
3. Always wanted to walk down commercial street and not have people knocking into you or handing you flyers for a show? Have we got a season for you to experience just that, winter!!
4. Get to know the locals! There is a local hang out you can't even get near in the summer. It's hours are fabulous, 6am to 9pm. NO COVER, it's the Stop and Shop! Anyone who is anyone can be seen there! Get your gossip and produce all in one aisle!
5. FREE PARKING! Yes, I said free parking, just about anywhere you can shake a stick at. That is worth a weekend trip alone. Imagine if you will, "Oh, I think I would like to visit utilities for some sassy kitchen ware, okay, done with that..let me walk to my car which is parked RIGHT outside the door and jaunt down to Wired Puppy for a delightful; hot coco and park right outside the door...Hmmm while my coco is cooling off why not just slide down the street a bit to see what the Waterford is having for a dinner special that night." Yes, you can continue this all down Commercial Street all while hopping in and out of your car! Too much to contain, I know!
Oops 5 1/2 things to do!
You could come see the newest family member! This is not actually our dog but Jean's doggie. Her name is Mary Grace, we call her Gracie! She is a living doll and full grown, 4lbs! She has been deemed, Gracie of the Great Room. She likes to take naps in a little basket and she fits practically in the palm of your hand. Her personality is so unbelievably sweet and she just wants to love you! And who doesn't love a dog they can put in their pocket!
Here are our resident guesthouse doggies
Quick update from ME
Found a Lilly store on our travels the other day I hadn't yet been in, ahhhh yes, a religious experience was had! Juicing has been brought back in full force so pile on those beets!! Trying to decide where to go for a winter getaway, destination unknown as of now. Christopher was on the cover of the Cape Cod Times with his basketball team, that was big news in this house! He also got a 3 pointer in last nights game! Our weekends are full in the guesthouse and we are so happy to have Jean baking up a storm in the kitchen and turning out breakfast that rival any 4 star restaurant! We are apparently going to an Air Stream show. Yes, I said that, you weren't mis-reading. Elizabeth has always wanted an Air Stream so we are venturing off to an RV show to see the Tuna Can with wheels. And while I'm just telling all... we are all actually following American Idol, yes the entire house. We have all already picked our favs and it's just auditions! Oops I can't forget Harry's Law, totally TiVo worthy!
Signing off from Provincetown and heading up to Christopher's basketball game...